Thursday, September 1, 2011

Portrait of Me

Here I am. Well not really, but that is about how I have felt lately. I have mentioned before how the heat always depresses me and it has been particularly brutal this summer. Also, my younger sister has been ill for several months and that has been ever present in my mind. Well, things are looking up! My sister has been diagnosed, operated on and is now making a very good recovery. Many thanks to all who emailed, called, sent cards, prayed and gave any kind of encouragement. It is so appreciated and such a blessing to me and my family! It is also now September and hopefully we will see a break in our heat soon.

A couple of hours ago, HD, Valentine and I arrived home from a few days in Ruidoso, New Mexico. He needed to get away and so did I and Ruidoso is the closest place we can go to get cool and see some pine trees and mountains. They also have rain there. Really. I don't think I have ever said, "I really hope it rains on our vacation!" until this trip. It rained every afternoon and I sat on the porch of our cabin and savored every moment. I feel rejuvenated and hopeful and very excited for fall to finally arrive in Central Texas. We are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of our great nephew any day now. So, I am glad to be back and I have a lot to share in the coming days. I'm so glad you stopped by and I am going to try to be more consistent with my posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment