Saturday, August 13, 2011

Soldiers Angels

With news of the tragic helicopter crash in Afghanistan I felt helpless. What can I do as an individual thousands of miles away to help our soldiers? Hopefully we are all praying for their safe return and for the families of the fallen, no matter how we feel about the war. But I was also thinking about a tangible contribution. The charity sewing group that I attend, Creative Hearts, contributes quilts for soldiers and I got this link from one of the ladies in that group, http://soldiersangelsgermany.blogspot.com/2005/07/donations-needed-for-landstuhl.html?utm_source=Invitation+List&utm_campaign=54e447971c-SAG_April_Newsletter_2011&utm_medium=email. There is lot of info about what has already been given and what they regularly need. With unusually high casualty numbers this summer, the need is greater than ever. Since I am a coupon queen, I think I will start to clip coupons for the needed products and start stockpiling and I hope you will join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment