Tuesday, August 2, 2011

By Request...

A couple of friends have requested the recipe for Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole that I took to Creative Hearts today. This is what I call "Elegant Comfort Food"! I got this out of Southern Living years ago and you can find it here, http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/leslies-favorite-chicken-and-wild-rice-casserole-10000001923740/.

I made a couple of changes. I added chopped mushrooms and flat leaf parsley to the onion and celery saute then I added about 1/4 cup white wine to the pan for more flavor. I also used one can Cream of Mushroom and one can Cream of Chicken soup, the light varieties of both and I did not use all the sour cream called for. I reduced the grated cheese to 1 cup and left off the breadcrumb topping. I think it is delicious and I hope you do too!

Beware-this recipe makes a lot. A LOT! Thankfully it freezes well and you will never have trouble finding people to help you eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment