Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm Too Sexy for a (Regular) Collar!

I finally got this made and I can't wait to make more! I also made one for Val's "cousin", Sage. Hers is out of butterfly camo since she is a hunting dog. I received this pattern and hardware from Ellen a while back (please don't ask how long of a while). Here is a link to obtain the pattern and hardware, http://www.sewthankful.com/PlayfulPetCollarPattern.html
I looked at my local craft store for more hardware and it is pricey. Did I mention that my "local" craft store is 30 miles away?! I have purchased cheap collars ($5 and under) at Walmart before and I plan to do so again to pillage their hardware! Problem solved, redneck style!
I made both collars in under an hour, including cutting up an old, filthy collar for more hardware. You need small scale prints, even for the XL collar so keep that in mind. You use less than 1/4 yard for the XL!

No comments:

Post a Comment