Thursday, December 30, 2010

Scrappy Days!

This is what I have been working on over the last week or so. I got into my batik scraps and cut 6 1/2" squares out of as many as I could and then cut 1 1/2" x 11" strips out of the rest. I didn't count them as I cut, but I ended up with enough to make a 60" x 72" lap quilt. I am not planning on adding a border and I hope to find a back on a clearance sale somewhere. I also have been cutting the same pieces out of my regular cotton scraps and I will piece that one next.

By the way, I sewed this and the preceding t-shirt quilt on a machine without a light. My machine bulb burned out the same day that both bulbs went out in our oven! I have 3 Janomes and they all have different bulbs-GRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment