Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Harley Davidson & the T-shirt Quilt


I have come to a momentous decision. I know you are on the edge of your seat! Here it is. In homage to Ree Drummond, AKA The Pioneer Woman, and due to the fact that my husband has specifically asked me not to use his name here or on Facebook, I will here to for refer to him as "Harley Davidson". Or just HD when I am feeling especially lazy, which is an awful lot of the time! Anyway, it is because of his line of work that he prefers to remain anonymous. No, he is not a spy or a celebrity.


Moving on...here is my latest quilt! I was given the shirts by Harley Davidson about 6 months ago and I really think that he believed that I stuffed them in the closet and forgot about the whole thing. I kind of did for a few months, but then I thought what a great Christmas gift it would make and I got busy. The sashing is one of the regular cotton versions of the "Stonehenge" line and the back is one of the flannel versions of the same line. I also included a couple of the tags from the shirts in the center top block. They were pretty neat looking and I hated to throw them away. As you can tell, he was very happy with his present!

No comments:

Post a Comment