Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Denim Crumb Catcher

Okay, enough celebrating, back to sewing!!! Here is a new project that I whipped up over the weekend. My fabulous friend Ardis follows many sewing blogs and sends me lots of fantastic ideas. Thanks, Ardis, please keep them coming! It is EXTREMELY rare that I have everything I need to make any one of them! I actually had 2 blue jean legs in my scrap bin so these are the result of that serendipity. These "Crumb Catchers" are larger than most and super simple. I cut the bottom 6" off the leg and squared off the bottom. It was kind of wonky because of the thickness, so I trimmed the points and inserted a piece of foam core covered with yet another scrap. Now, to acquire more blue jeans....





2 comments:

  1. Great use of the pant legs - looks like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recycling idea! (BTW - sounds like we like the same kind of music!)

    ReplyDelete