Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Finally Here!







Our Slice Fabrique, that is! My SIL and I purchased a Slice Fabrique Digital Fabric cutter at the Houston Quilt Show last month and it has finally arrived. You can see the info here, http://slicefabrique.com/. I just spent a couple of hours getting acquainted with it. By that I mean a couple of frustrating hours shredding copious amounts of fabric trying to figure out the best size to cut the fabric and the best place to position it on the board for cutting. Long story short, you need at least a 6 inch square piece of fabric even if you are cutting an eyeball for a mouse applique! Live and learn! It is a great concept and I hope to get much more proficient soon because the designs are so cute and the possibilities are endless!


The owl onesie is for our new great nephew. I never knew it could be so fun to sew for boys, but there are so many cute projects. I would love any recommendations of patterns or ideas that any of you would like to share.


And finally, thanks to my SIL for letting me have first dibs on the Slice ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment