Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mineral Wells State Park

Well, it's been a while and I have missed you all terribly! I am so sorry to have been so neglectful of my blogging responsibilities. I have had a lot on my plate in the last few months. My sister was critically ill during the summer and is finally recovered from surgery and Cyberknife treatment for a benign tumor near her C1 vertebrae. We have also had a birth and a death in our families. Needless to say, it has been a roller coaster of emotions around here. Things are finally returning to normal (whatever that is!) and I am looking forward to a happy, blessed holiday season.

HD and I like to go camping during this, our very favorite time of the year. A couple of weeks ago we joined my aunt and uncle for a couple of nights at Mineral Wells State Park. MWSP is about 30 miles west of Fort Worth and about 3 1/2 hours from our house. It was like a beautiful, different world! They had fall color on the trees and water in their lake! We had a great time sitting around the campfire visiting, eating and being schooled in the finer aspects of playing poker. Here's a link to a slide show of our trip, http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad232/spicewoodquiltingdiva/Mineral%20Wells%20State%20Park/?action=view&current=9dc159e1.pbw.

Thanks for your patience, it's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment