Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Back to Blogging

Hello again, dear followers! I am sure you thought that I had disappeared for good, but no, I am still here! My sweet husband was home sick from work all last week. Yes, the infamous workaholic was felled by the flu. I looked back and realized that the last time he was off work sick that long was 2000 when he suffered a fall on the job and was not allowed to work for 10 days. Some would think that with a sick spouse sleeping all day I could get a lot accomplished. Some would be incorrect!!

We are all decorated for the holidays, inside and out. I only have 8 trees inside this year, with the other 3 in Johnson City. We do have a new outdoor display this year, check back next week to see those pics.

My current projects include 5 customer quilts in the longarm queue, 1 customer t-shirt quilt, 2 quilts made out of bandanas for my cousins and as many Christmas table runners as I can make for Johnson City! I also hope to make a new apron pattern that Theresa gave me this week. It is a nursing apron for new moms. It is pretty cool, like a pinafore with boning in the top to allow the mom to make eye contact with the baby, while maintaining modesty. I'll take a pic when I get it done. I also finished knitting a scarf that I started in February. I got the yarn in Port Orchard, Washington at Debbie Macomber's yarn shop called "A Good Yarn". If you aren't familiar with Debbie, she is a wonderful author of many books and an avid knitter.

The Spicewood Strippers had their annual holiday get together yesterday and it was a lot of fun. We roadtripped to New Braunfels to the Quilt Haus and then had lunch at the Grist Mill in Gruene. We stopped off in Blanco at Blanco Settlement, since the other ladies had not been there. I picked up a carton of the Aspen Mulling Cider Spices in the Orange Cinnamon flavor. For her Thanksgiving meal, Theresa made a pitcher of regular iced tea and put a whole carton of the Orange Cinnamon Cider Spices in it and it was FABULOUS! It is by no means lo-cal, but for a special gathering, it will be a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment